Christmas; it truly is the most wonderful time of the year. So why not make it just that little bit more wonderful by giving bitcoin this Christmas?
Follow our step-by-step guide to find out how!
Why give bitcoin as a gift?
From shopping to paying bills to HODLing on, bitcoin is the perfect gift to give this Christmas. Why? Because bitcoin is the perfect gift for…
- Solving the time old tale of the person who has everything, but doesn’t want a thing
- Reminding your friends just how awesome, modern and with-it you are
- Getting your parents to admit you’re the favourite child
- That office KK present that you left to the last minute
But I can’t afford a whole bitcoin?
No problemo! You can buy as little or as much bitcoin as you like. From $50 to $10,000, the choice is up to you.
On Dasher, on Dancer, on Prancer on Bitcoin!
Before you purchase bitcoin, make sure you have a cryptocurrency wallet set up. We recommend using Bread Wallet (BRD) or Blockchain Wallet for Android and iOS.
Still confused? Here’s a quick guide on setting up a Bitcoin wallet.
Now the fun really begins. To buy bitcoin, click here.
It’s time to sleigh – ah send, we mean send, that bitcoin
Follow these steps to send Bitcoin from the Blockchain Wallet app:
- Copy the recipient’s wallet address so it’s saved to clipboard
- Launch the Blockchain Wallet app
- Once your pin is keyed in, tap Send at the bottom corner
- Paste recipient’s wallet address in the To field
- Type in the amount of bitcoin you want to send in the BTC field. The AUD field next to it will reflect the dollar amount they will receive
- Tap Fee Setting (Regular will do, choose Priority if you to speed it up)
- Add a description for your records (only you can see this)
- Tap Send, verify transaction details and ensure they are correct
- Confirm the payment with your PIN or fingerprint
The serious stuff: If bitcoin is sent to the wrong wallet address, it can not be refunded. When sending bitcoin, make sure the address you are sending to is the same as the one that was given to you.
From all of us at Bitcoin Australia, we wish you a happy and safe Christmas!
Claire is a passionate researcher, writer and analytical thinker with an interest in strategy & technical topics such as blockchain and cryptocurrency.